Video: The Birthday Party Nick The Stripper Clip
Because I did. I thought it was tomorrow, which is also Australia Day. Not the birthday of Noisy Noodle, but of the Sampling Station Blog which celebrates it’s 1st birthday today.
I haven’t even prepared any fairy bread or lolly bags… yet. How does one celebrate with their blog? Do we surf the internet together laughing at cute happenstances of kittens? Does Hallmark make a birthday card for blogs*?
Perhaps I write a post in recognition of said first birthday recalling all our great moments together?
- Like the time I started posting up videos to WordPress *slightly* inebriated, and people started liking my choices and I became a blogger by default (Day 1). I’m addicted to stars. I blame Mario for this.
- The day a post turned up on page 1 of a Google Search. I can’t quite remember for what exactly, but I’m suitably chuffed that my Secret Chiefs 3 post (Day 136) did very well for itself!
- The day when one of the bands I wrote about acknowledged Sampling Station on their Facebook, thanks Whores (Day 169)!
- The post that was too saucy for my blog because it mentioned that three lettered word: sex. My blog stats went crazy one weekend – which would have been fine if I was starting a porn site. If Beck’s sales have increased tenfold in Saudi Arabia in 2013 you’ll know why (Day 284).
- The time Mastodon and Dillinger Escape Plan read my blog and begged to be on the Soundwave Festival line-up (Day 287). Disclaimer: I have no proof either band read my blog. Let a Noodle dream.
- The marketing email that arrived from Chris Lilley’s people with new pics from Ja’mie: Private School Girl (Day 295). Thus proving, I’m *officially* a TV blogger. Bet you didn’t notice?
- Guessing the night Noah Gundersen’s new tune Day is Gone aired on the Sons of Anarchy based on the sudden interest (Day 320).
- The time when Dave Chappelle added an extra stand-up show in Melbourne just because I asked him to (Day 364). Sure it happened. Have a look, there are now two shows in Melbourne 😉
- Anytime anyone ever commented on Sampling Station or shared one of my posts. You know who you are folks, enjoy a cupcake!
- And most importantly, the first time YOU read my blog, and clicked “follow” and my heart skipped a beat. Subsequently, I am now also addicted to plus symbols!
I’m off to buy and devour a Spiderman Birthday Cake. I’m going to ask for an Italian Spiderman version.
* Note to self, this is a great business idea – isn’t there a bijillion blogs on the internet by now?