Video: Doug Anthony All Stars Perform I Fuck Dogs.
Aussie comedy legends the Doug Anthony All Stars have reformed (sans guitar maestro Richard Fidler) for a run of shows across Australia. Additional dates have been added to the Melbourne and Perth legs as demand for tickets for the comedy troupe has been strong.
Your favourite spaceman weirdo Flacco (Paul Livingstone) is filling in for Fidler who has commitments to the ABC so you can’t be all too sad that the original line-up has changed. Paul McDermott and Tim Ferguson are still out in front bringing the madness.
As a youngen I grew up watching The Big Gig on the ABC and in particular, whenever the Doug Anthony All Stars graced the screen I would get right up close to avoid all the noisy shennigans that would be going on in my house that night.
Then in the 1990s when the boys became bigger than Ben Hur and flew off to England for a while it was tough to deal with the withdrawal symptoms, so one would have to saviour each and every episode of DAAS Kapital whether it was on repeat or not.
Thus, you can imagine my surprise many, many years later when I was on a bus on my way to work and Mr Tim Ferguson graced the bus with his presence and proceeded to push his little child in a pram down the aisle of the bus!
Nobody else noticed him as the pops and nans of Reservoir focus on the important things in life, like salami and coffee. Of course, I didn’t ask for an autograph or push my way to the back of the bus and declare my love for DAAS.
No, you see I do have tiny bit of decorum left. Celebrities out with their children are off limits. I’m not like one of those despicable paparazzi!
Paul McDermott is to appear on the current series of Who Do You Think You Are on SBS One on 26 August 2014 (see SBS for details).
2014 Australian Tour:
- Thursday, 21 August 2014 – Melbourne – Yarraville Club, Yarraville
- Friday, 22 August 2014 – Melbourne – Yarraville Club, Yarraville
- Saturday, 23 August 2014 – Melbourne – Yarraville Club, Yarraville
- Thursday, 28 August 2014 – Wollongong – Illawarra Performing Arts Centre
- Wednesday, 10 September 2014 – Perth – Regal Theatre, Subiaco
- Thursday, 11 September 2014 – Perth – Regal Theatre, Subiaco
- Thurday, 30 October 2014 – Brisbane – Brisbane Powerhouse, New Farm
- Friday, 31 October 2014 – Brisbane Powerhouse, New Farm
Previously on Sampling Station:
- Ronny Chieng: Comedian Spotlight
- Sam Simmons: Comedian Spotlight
- Khaled Khalafalla: Comedian Spotlight